Important updates for Members and Visitors at Murray Downs Golf & Country Club
Dear Members & Guests,
Due to the significant impacts of Covid-19 and the decisions by the Federal Government, the following changes have been implemented at Murray Downs in line with advice received from Clubs NSW:
Limit of 150 people in our venue with up to 99 people in each enclosed room/area of the Club.
The following have been postponed until further notice:
– Salad Bar
– Friday Night Buffet, replaced with the normal menu
– Kids Eat Free
– Old Time Dancing
– Rock and Roll
– Bowls (All bowls activities are cancelled including social bowls)
– Kids Minis Golf
The following will continue until further notice:
– Saturday Night Trivia
– Golf (All golf play is still allowed)
– Members Draws & Raffles
– Sunday Night Carvery (served from the kitchen)
– Courtesy bus will not run Monday or Tuesdays, but will remain as normal on other days
We would ask that you work with us to ensure the safety and well being of our staff, members and visitors and will keep you updated as information comes to hand, thank you, The Team at Murray Downs
Clubs are an important community asset that we want to be able to continue to provide to you in as safe a manner as possible.
As a Community based organisation with close to 7,400 Members we are taking advice on COVID–19 corona virus seriously. We would ask that you work with us to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors.
We would ask you to consider the following:
- Unwell or Flu like symptoms
If you are feeling unwell or experiencing Flu like symptoms we would ask you not to enter the venue. These symptoms may include fever, sore throat, cough, tiredness and shortness of breath. We encourage all persons who are experiencing flu like symptoms to follow the advice of NSW Health. For more information on COVID-19 visit www.health.nsw.gov.au/coronavirus
Persons who are onsite and showing flu like symptoms will be asked to leave the venue.
- Contact with Covid-19 or returning from overseas
- If you have had contact with someone with Covid-19; or
- if you are a person who has returned from overseas travel from midnight Monday 16th March 2020, or been in contact with people who have returned from overseas travel,
you are required by the government to self-isolate for a period of 14 days and as a result should not enter the venue.
- Practice good hygiene – minimise contact with others
We encourage all Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors to practice good hygiene at all times.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap for at least 20 seconds and dry thoroughly.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
Our Staff will be discouraged from engaging in personal contact, such as the shaking of hands with fellow Team Members, Members, Guests and Visitors. Please do not take this in any other way than as a preventative and control measure to help prevent the spread of virus.
Your Club has and will:
Increase signage within the venue to inform Staff, Members, Guests and Visitors of good hygiene practices.
- continue to monitor the advice of ClubsNSW, Community Clubs Victoria, GolfNSW and the Department of Health and implement advice accordingly.
Events, Entertainment and Functions
The COVID-19 situation continues to evolve rapidly. Following advice from the Australian Health Protection Principal Committee (AHPPC) on 13 March 2020 it is recommended that non-essential, organised gatherings be limited to fewer than 500 people.
This includes events such as concerts, sporting fixtures with large crowds, exhibitions and religious celebrations. A number of Club events have already been cancelled and we will keep you posted regarding future events.
Bistro and Catering
We are taking our responsibility seriously and have implemented a number of temporary measures at our Bistro or Cafes which include;
- Removal of cutlery from all tables. Cutlery will be delivered with your meals wrapped in napkins.
- Increased sanitation of all work and public spaces.
- Increased use of gloves, including in the acceptance of deliveries.
- Removal of ‘help yourself’ sauce and cutlery stations.
Staff are conducting increased sanitation of gaming machines where possible.
Staff, Members, Visitors and Guests are expected to follow basic good hygiene practices.
Golf Course and Professionals Shop
All relevant practices also apply to these outlets.
We asked for your complete cooperation and understanding as we continue our commitment to offering a quality experience at our venues for all people of our Community to enjoy.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact a staff member.